Triumph has joined forces with the estate of Hollywood icon Steve McQueen to create a limited edition motorcycle that pays tribute to the late actor’s love of the British brand’s products.
Based on the classic Bonneville T100, just 1,100 of the Steve McQueenTM Edition will be sold worldwide. Featuring a host of modified parts, the design is inspired by the Triumph Trophy TR6 that McQueen insisted on riding during the famous stunt scene in The Great Escape, and features a military-style matte khaki green livery, stencil-style Triumph decal on the tank and the actor’s signature on the side covers.
Featuring a solo seat and black luggage rack, the McQueen bike has also been fitted with a rugged skid plate and small black-bodied headlamp. The Triumph Steve McQueenTM Edition features a host of other blacked-out components, including wheel rims and hubs, handlebars, rear springs, mirrors and front mudguard supports. To confirm the bike’s provenance, each machine is individually numbered with a plaque placed on the handlebar clamp, while owners will also receive a certificate of authenticity with their machine.
The most famous name in motorcycling is as famous today as it was 50 years ago.
Bang up to date engineering. Retro meets modern. Double-barrelled, fuel-injected responsiveness from the 865cc parallel twin. Smooth pulling, double-barrelled fun. A mellow backbeat from the twin peashooter exhausts. Chrome engine covers. Black instrument surround with tacho. Triumph logo on the seat. Two-tone paint. Spoked wheels. Fork gaiters. You got the look. Motorcycling the way it’s meant to be. Ride it with a smile.
Classic Sixties style wouldn’t be complete without spoked wheels or peashooter exhausts that hark back to the very first Bonnevilles of 1959.
Modern disc brakes, suspension and steel cradle frame blend seamlessly into the package and ensure that the T100 is tough enough for today’s road conditions. Traditional two-tone colour schemes with hand finished coachlines, or timeless Jet Black alternatives on the black edition, fit the character of the T100 and complete the period look.Bang up to date engineering. Retro meets modern. Double-barrelled, fuel-injected responsiveness from the 865cc parallel twin. Smooth pulling, double-barrelled fun. A mellow backbeat from the twin peashooter exhausts. Chrome engine covers. Black instrument surround with tacho. Triumph logo on the seat. Two-tone paint. Spoked wheels. Fork gaiters. You got the look. Motorcycling the way it's meant to be. Ride it with a smile.
- Engine: 865cc parallel-twin is classic British style but fuel-injected for clean running and total reliability. Delivers 68PS with a soulful tone only a Triumph can deliver.
- Wheels: Classic spoked wheels make for great looks and easy handling.
- Styling: Pure sixties look with wire wheels, peashooter silencers, smooth topped seat with white piping and chromed tank badge confirming this Triumph’s authenticity.
- Instruments: Matching speedo and tachometer sit proudly over the chromed headlight and deliver a comprehensive instrument package for the T100.
- Chassis: Classically styled tubular steel frame with 41mm front forks and modern disc brakes.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 360º firing interval
- Capacity: 865cc
- Bore/Stroke: 90 x 68mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel headers, twin chromed silencers.
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Oil Capacity: 4.5 litres (1.2 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheel: 36-spoke 19 x 2.5in
- Rear Wheel: 40-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Front Tire: 100/90 R19
- Rear Tire: 130/80 R17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 41mm forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 106mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Single 310mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer and tachometer with odometer and trip information
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2230 mm (87.7 in)
- Width (handlebars): 740 mm (29.1 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1100 mm (43.3 in)
- Seat Height: 775 mm (30.5 in)
- Wheelbase: 1500 mm (59.0 in)
- Rake/Trail: 28º/110 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 16 litres (4.2 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 230 kg (506 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 68PS / 67bhp / 50kW @ 7500rpm
- Maximum Torque: 68Nm / 50 ft.lbs @ 5800rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 43 MPG City / 57 MPG Highway
Fuel Efficiency estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle conducted under ideal laboratory conditions. Actual mileage may vary based upon personal riding habits, weather, vehicle condition, and other factors.